Western Canada Fire Protections offers Inspection Services on all Fire Protection equipment, including:
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Emergency Lighting & Exit Signage
- Sprinkler Systems
- Fire Alarm Monitoring Systems
- Backflow Preventers
- Fire Extinguishers
- Emergency Generators
- Fire Hose and Standpipe Systems
- Kitchen Fire Suppression Systems
- Smoke Alarms
What you need to know: Every building with life safety equipment requires regular inspection and maintenance as per NFPA and BCFC regulations. The responsibility falls on the building owner to ensure that this is being performed as required.
Please refer to our Chart: Building Owners Responsibilities for Fire Safety Equipment to identify what and when inspections need to be done. Or call our office and speak to a consultant.
Fire Safety Inspection Intervals
The intervals that fire safety equipment is required to be inspected can be broken down into 3 primary groups:
- Monthly Inspections
- Quarterly Inspections
- Annual Inspections
How We Can Help: Our trained and qualified technicians can come to your building and perform the required inspections and testing as per CAN/ULC requirements. All inspections come with supporting documentation and recommendations for repair or service as necessary.
What We Do: Each inspection is tailored to the fire safety equipment in the building. We offer complete inspection packages for Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual inspections. Standard rates apply for monthly inspections but pricing for annual inspections depend on what equipment is in the building therefore we quote each annual inspection separately.
For monthly inspections we offer the following services:
- Fire Alarm System Testing: We inspect and test the fire alarm system by activating the system on standby power to ensure correct operation of the alarms. Each month we operate a different pull station.
- Emergency and Exit Lighting Testing: We activate the emergency and exit lighting on backup power and inspect all lighting to ensure operability.
- Fire Extinguishers: We inspect all fire extinguishers onsite.
- Sprinkler & Standpipes: We inspect pressure gauges on the sprinkler and standpipe systems.
- Sprinkler Systems: We Inspect and test sprinkler systems as per NFPA 25.
- Fire Alarm Systems: We conduct a complete full test of the entire Fire Alarm System including each device in the building and ensure that every component is working as intended.
- Sprinkler System: We Inspect, test, operate, and maintain the components of each system as required. We Test the standpipe system, check the drains and test the control valves. We inspect the supply of spare sprinkler heads and replace as necessary.
- Standpipe Fire Hoses: We Inspect the standpipe hoses and re-rack.
- Fire Extinguishers: We Conduct maintenance procedures on all fire extinguishers.
- Electromagnetic Door Holders: We test all door mags to ensure proper operation with the fire alarm system.
- Fire Dampers: We inspect the fire dampers in conjunction with the operation of the fire alarm system.
- Emergency Generator: We can Inspect, Test and Maintain the emergency generator as per CAN/CSA-282.